Most every month, one hour informative FANS meetings are held at the Dos Chappell Bath House, 600 S. Marion Parkway, Denver, Colorado 80209. The Bathhouse is also home of Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado.
Meetings take place the second Wednesday of each month.
Meetings typically include a brief overview of the latest park news and often feature a guest presenter. We frequently have presenters from the city discussing park improvement projects. Other topics have included, park lake water quality, recycled water impact on trees, chemicals used in the park, guided tree walks, guided bird walks, park photography tips, geese control and squirrels.
Meetings are open to the general public are run from 6pm-7pm.
We are always looking for topic suggestions and presenters of interest to the Washington Park community. If you have a suggestion you may contact anyone on our board.
Proposed 2017 meetings are presently:
- January – Loop Road project update
- February – Dan Goldhamer, Extension Agent-Horticulture discusses Japanese beetles.
Click here for more information and reference materials.
- March – Amy Yarger, Horticulture Director Butterfly Pavilion
Topic: improving pollinator habitat and what plants attract pollinators
- April – Volunteer Evergreen Hill Pilot Tree Program
- May – Denver Parks central green house tour.
- June – TBD
- July – Photo contest winner wine and cheese reception
- August – No meeting – summer hiatus
- September – TBD
- October – TBD
- November – No meeting – holiday hiatus
- December – No meeting – holiday hiatus